Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year!

 Today has been the perfect day to wrap up one year and begin another.

It is snowing in Kansas (still, at this hour) and has been all day.  It was one of those glorious snow days when we didn't have anywhere to be, so we didn't have to worry about the road conditions or getting in and out of vehicles.  Sigh.  I love these days.  I may or may not have worn pajama pants and a hooded sweatshirt all day.

New Years Eve is my time to reflect on the previous year and make plans for the new.  We usually sit down as a couple and review our lifetime goals list - checking off those things we accomplished over the year and set our sights on new goals for the upcoming year.  Done.

This year I found a great resource from Susannah Conway.  Her blog is fantastic and I love her photography.  I also really, really like this planning workbook she offers for free on her website.

So, in addition to our planning as a couple, I spent a good hour or so working individually on my road map for the year.  Susannah's workbook leads you through a process of selecting a word for the year and encourages you to select some supporting words.  More on my word(s) later.

I really encourage you to check out Susannah's workbook - one of the best that I have found.

No comments: